Thursday, May 9, 2013

Trek Prep Devotional - Andy & Jami Neeld

“You don’t have to push a handcart, leave your family dear, or walk a thousand miles or more to be a pioneer.  You do have to have great courage, faith to conquer fear and work with might for a cause that’s right to be a pioneer” (children’s song book pg 218)

In our family we don’t have any plains-crossing pioneers, but we do have modern pioneers.  Michelle Parker in 1976 broke her family’s heart by leaving the Catholic Church.  Irv Neeld started his family on a new path in 1967.  They had to face ridicule and other family turning their backs on them.  They had to form new habits and leave old traditions behind.  We have had the opportunity to work with individuals who are now making that struggle to be pioneers in their own familiy, working to establish Zion in their hearts and homes. 

John Chapter 14:2-3 reads:
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Just as the pioneers journeyed to the west, we are all journeying home to our Father’s mansions that he has prepared for us.
To help us along the way, in the same chapter (verse 27):
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
The Savior will strengthen us to face our challenges on our journey, just as he strengthened those that came before us.
May we all find the peace of the Savior in our journey back to our Father’s presence. 

Happy Trails,
Andy and Jami Neeld

No comments:

Post a Comment