Thursday, May 23, 2013

Trek Prep Devotional - James & Emily Campbell

As I sit here in the aftermath of the bridge on I-5 collapsing, I stop and think about the challenges that come into our lives. I ask myself, what can be learned from the trials we must pass through? How can we help those in need?

I was reading a talk by David A. Bednar given during the October 2009 General Conference titled "More Diligent and Concerned at Home" where he said "...what we know is not always reflected in what we do." 

My family grew up in southern Idaho in the aftermath of the Teton Dam breaking and flooding the towns of Rexburg, Idaho Falls, and other communities along the Snake River. The biggest message they shared with me was that they learned the true value of service.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking about me and my problems when I know the solution and peace will be found looking outside myself and helping others. I know this, but it seems that it is just as Elder Bednar said, what I know is not always reflected in what I do. 
 
This opportunity to go to trek gives us another way to change our habits to be more in line with what Christ expects of us. We will be given opportunities to look beyond our needs and help others. As we take advantage of these opportunities, we will be blessed, and we will be the means of bringing additional blessings to others.
 
James and Emily Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment